PhD Position with Academic & Industry Training
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for a full time, fixed term position as PhD student with the company ProtoQSAR and in collaboration with the University of Valencia (Spain). The appointment will be on a temporary basis for a maximum period of three years (regular full-time employment contract). The candidate will be hired by ProtoQSAR and develop the doctoral thesis in the University of Valencia.
Information on project/centre
A call for one PhD position with three-year funding is open under the supervision of Dr. Rafael Gozalbes of ProtoQSAR, Valencia, Spain (https://protoqsar.com/en/)
The central scientific objective will be to develop a multitask expert system based on deep neural networks for the prediction of hepatotoxicity.
The successful candidate will participate in an Industrial Doctorate program and benefit from a scientific collaboration of high-profile academic and industry partners offering state-of-the-art research facilities, as well as an ambitious training plan.
The successful candidate will:
- Assist to several training on cheminformatics courses.
- Develop and assess innovative means of modelling and predicting toxicity under the advice and training of academic and industry mentors.
- Have a B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree (1.1) in toxicology, pharmacology, bioinformatics or related field.
- Good reading & written English level.
- Knowledge or basic background on chemoinformatics and molecular modelling.
- Scripting (Python) and/or programming (Java, C++) skills.
- Interest in medicinal chemistry and drug discovery.
- Ability to interact with colleagues and staff, and to communicate complex information clearly.
- Ability to organise resources, manage time and meet deadlines.
Salary according to the worth of the candidate
Start date: Position is available from January 1, 2021
Further information on research and working at ProtoQSAR is available at https://protoqsar.com.
For additional inquiries about this post, please emai to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications to include a covering letter and a CV should be sent, via e-mail (in word or PDF only) to Dr Rafael Gozalbes, email@example.com