Obtention of the “Innovative SME” label
The Directorate-General (DG) for Research, Development and Innovation (depending on the power of the Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities) has granted to ProtoQSAR on November 14th 2018 the renewal of inscription in the Register of innovative SME thereby bestowing its Label to our company. This is an institutional recognition given exclusively to small and medium-sized enterprises with activities in the field of technological research or innovation.
The awarding of this reputed seal provides visibility and supports the character and innovative capacity of ProtoQSAR, as a company complying with the requirements established for obtaining of such mention. Accordingly, an SME is considered to be innovative when converging any of the following circumstances:
a) When it has received public funding in the last three years, without having suffered revocation for incorrect or insufficient execution of the financed activity, through:
- Public calls of the National Plan of scientific research development and technological innovation or of the State Plan of scientific and technical research and of innovation.
- Calls for the execution of R+D+I projects granted by the Centre for Industrial Technological Development (CDTI).
- Calls for the European Union’s Horizon 2020 programme.
b) When it has demonstrated its innovative nature, through its own activity:
- For having an own patent in operation in a period not exceeding five years prior to the exercise of the right of bonus.
- For having obtained, in the three years preceding the exercise of the right of bonus, a positive binding report for the purposes of applying the deduction referred to in article 35 of the consolidated text of the Corporate Tax Act, Approved by Royal Legislative Decree 4/2004, of 5 March.
c) When it has demonstrated its capacity for innovation, through one of the following official certifications recognised by the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness: