Job offer in Computational and Regulatory Toxicology
ProtoQSAR is a computational chemistry and molecular modeling company specializing in biomedicine. We focus on the development and optimization of active compounds in various fields, such as pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, and functional foods. Founded in Valencia in 2012, we have offices at the European Center for Innovative Companies (CEEI) within the Technology Park of Paterna, Valencia.
Our computer models also serve as an efficient alternative to replace animal testing to meet regulatory requirements, such as the European REACH Regulation or the ICH-M7 pharmaceutical development regulation.
Our mission is to design and develop compounds with desirable properties by utilizing computational methods for molecular modeling and evaluating the physical-chemical, biological, and (eco)toxicological properties of chemical compounds, biological substances (e.g., peptides), and natural or synthetic nanomaterials.
Profile of interest
- Summary: We are seeking individuals with a background in Toxicology who have training/experience or are interested in starting their journey in the application of computational models for regulatory purposes.
- Degrees in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Biotechnology, or related fields.
- Additional training/experience in the toxicological and regulatory realm (e.g., completion of a master’s program focused on standards like REACH, ICH, BPR, or CLP).
- Interest in computational chemistry for the development of alternative methods and the reduction of traditional laboratory assays.
- Spanish and English: native or high proficiency (both oral and written) in both languages – essential.
- Proficiency in other languages will be appreciated.
- Experience and/or ease in interacting with external parties (clients/collaborators).
- Creativity, versatility, and flexibility.
- Organizational skills (ability to multitask and prioritize workloads).
- Teamwork capabilities.
- Additional consideration will be given to:
- Previous experience in Regulatory Toxicology and/or Computational Chemistry.
- Supplementary training in scientific communication.
- Various opportunities are available based on the candidate’s profile, including internships or industrial PhD (junior profile) or employment contracts (senior profile).
- Flexible working hours.
- On-site work at CEEI Valencia, Paterna, Valencia, with the possibility of partial remote work depending on the profile.
- Salary to be negotiated based on professional category.
You can submit your CV, a letter of motivation, and samples of work or publications (if available) to the email address email@example.com , with the subject line “PQS_regulatory,” followed by your full name.
We are accepting applications until October 31, 2023.